We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
Janine Good (Fill My Passport) has financial relationships with some of the merchants and participates in various affiliate program on the sits: AMAZON, BOOKING.COM, SHOPCOLLECTIVE, SHAREASALE, AWIN, CJ Junction, and WORLD NOMADS. These affiliations assist sites with earnings through linking within the content. Should you our readers, purchase anything through the links, Fill My Passport will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
You are not obligated to click on any link or purchase anything advertised. Note that the companies selling the products are third party, the products can change at their discretion, and the product availability, sales with the organization, and all transactions with the third party are not associated or conducted by Fill My Passport.
SPONSORSHIPS & BRAND CAMPAIGNS
All sponsorships, brand campaigns, and compensated travel and product articles and social posts are disclosed accordingly. Unless disclosed on the article itself that we have been compensated by product, experience, or monetarily, we pay for our own travel and excursions presented on Fill My Passport. All opinions are always our own and never influenced by the brands we work with.
Fill My Passport is making every effort to ensure GDPR Compliance. In doing so, we ensure the following:
- We use Mailchimp for our newsletter, which you can opt out of, and Google Analytics for analyzing website data.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, you will receive our newsletters. You can always unsubscribe by following the link in email or by emailing us directly.
- If you provide your name, it will only be used to personalize newsletters sent to you.
- We have never sold, we are not selling, and we will not sell any of your personal data provided to us.
- All affiliates we work with are GDPR compliant.
- We use Woocommerce for our online shop where readers purchase Fill My Passport-specific items designed by us. Products sold by third-parties do not go through our Woocommerce checkout.
- Woocommerce collects your email and personal details in order to fulfill your purchase and inform us of your transaction. Cookies are kept with your information for data tracking.
- In Woocommerce, upon checkout and submission of data, you will have the choice to accept the data being collected or not by using the tickbox at the end of the checkout page.
- We sell some of our Fill My Passport-specific products on third party platforms including Etsy, Ebay and Gumroad. Please refer to their privacy policies directly on how they store or keep your data. We at Fill My Passport do not keep, store, sell or use your data from transactions on these sites and have no control on these sites’ privacy and disclosure practices.
- IngramSpark is the sole publisher of our Destination Journal series. They will not be sent your information other than the quantity of your order. Fill My Passport will only use your name and address to ship your purchase to you directly. No personal data is shared with IngramSpark regarding your journal purchase.
- We use Paypal to receive electronic payments for any purchases made through our Woocommerce shop on this website, transactions made through Ebay, Etsy, and Gumroad. Please refer to Paypal’s privacy and disclosure policies on how they retain your data. We use your data solely for processing your purchase and shipping your purchased goods to you directly.
- Canada Post & UPS – We use Canada Post and UPS to ship any Fill My Passport Specific goods to customers. The use of your personal data is for the sole purpose of ensuring your purchased goods arrive to you directly. We do not store your information on our website. The information is stored on the respective purchase platform – Paypal, Etsy, Ebay, or Gumroad. Please refer to these companies’ privacy policies on how they store and remove your information. We have not control over these companies’ privacy and disclosure policies and mandates.
- Yoast – we use Yoast to assist with our website statistics and ranking. They collect website data only. No personal data from users. To read more from their privacy regulations, refer to their site here.
You have the right to:
- Be informed regarding how the data is collected and used
- Have access to the data about you
- Ask us to change the data about you
- Ask us to delete your data provided
- Ask us to stop sending you newsletters
Blog Comments & Writing Submissions
Fill My Passport abides by GDPR regulations, so if you wish to have comments you have left on the blog removed, and you’re an EU resident, please Contact Us. We will be more thane happy to amend/remove your information/comments/email from the mailing list to satisfy your request.
Before submitting your information or publishing the comment you leave, a tick box is in place for you to choose if you wish your information to be sent through. It is entirely at your discretion.
We do not retain secondary copies of commenter/reader contact details without permission. As well, we do not resell or share your contact information with third parties. Also, should you opt out of the mailing list, you are permanently removed.
If you submit a request from our Write for Us page, we will keep your email to which you send the submission to respond to your pitch, give full writer credit on the published article, and to inform you once published with details. Should you wish to be represented as a ghost writer with your details remaining anonymous, once you advise us of this decision, your data will be either removed or omitted prior to publishing the article.
Information Voluntarily Submitted to the Website by readers: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address if you submit them personally. You may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. This is the ONLY way we collect information. We do not search for these details. It is done voluntarily by you, our readers.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. When you use the Website for instance, our site will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. Would could also collect such details as actions you take on the Website, such as links clicked. Your information has been made ANONYMOUS and only is viewed on an aggregate basis.
How your Information Could be Used from these methods:
- Website maintenance and operations
- Newsletters subscriptions if you enroll. Every edition includes the ability to unsubscribe.
- Comment, Inquiries, and Writing Submission responses
- Measurement and Tracking of site stats and advertising
- Protection, investigation, and deterrence from unauthorized or illegal activity/actions.
PERSONAL DATA USAGE BY THIRD PARTIES
Your information may be shared with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to do so. Also not that our site may use third-party service providers for particular aspects of Fill My Passport. The third parties in question use your information as advised and per their written and concrete privacy policies.
The third-party service providers currently servicing Fill My Passport:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and traffice, providing helpful information as referring websites and users’ actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information. The Google Analytics data is ANONYMOUS and non-aggregated data is NEVER used or observed.
Shareoholic Social Media Sharing – We use Shareoholic for quick and easy social sharing. Any personal data collected through this plugin is for the SOLE PURPOSE of sharing to the appropriate social media account of your choosing. Read and understand Shareoholic’s privacy and disclosure policy on how they collect and store data from usage of their service. You have every right not to share articles and submitting personal information regarding your email or social media accounts.
You as readers can prevent the usage of cookies, by Fill My Passport’s website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and choosing the permanent removal of cookies setting. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via your Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in their Internet browser, not all functions of this website will be entirely usable.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
If you leave a comment, certain information (your name and/or email) may be publicly visible; however, your email address will never be displayed. We will NOT contact you using your email. This is against GDPR regulations. If you wish to be contacted by Fill My Passport, please Contact Us through our inquiries form. DO NOT request that we contact you in the comments.
INFORMATION REGARDING MINORS
Fill My Passport does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from minors under 16 years of age. If a parent or guardian believes Fill My Passport has personally identifiable information of a minor under age 16, please Contact Us IMMEDIATELY in order to remove this information as soon as possible.
May 8, 2018. If you have any questions feel free to contact us directly.